Grant Applications are Closed!
The mission of the NEEF Innovative Grant Program is to financially support classroom teachers in bringing creative and innovative resources and activities to the students of North East ISD.
If you have any questions, please email us.
- Read the Instructions (button above) thoroughly before submitting an application.
- Items will be judged based on innovation, student impact, and sustainability of the project beyond year one.
- Projects are awarded to the campus the applicant lists on the grant request. If the applicant leaves the campus between the time they apply and when the grant is awarded, the Principal can choose to use the funds for the original intended purpose at the campus or return the funds to NEEF.
- Grants will be awarded each year in August, and funds must be used by the end of March–within the same school year.
- Grant funds not used by April 1st will be returned to NEEF for future classroom projects.
2022 Grant Stats:
2022 Total Grant Funding
$300 – $51,000
Range of Awards
Number of Grants
Grants in Action
Johnson High School Students have Reached their Melting Point!
Keeping students safe while they study advanced concepts. That was Elisa Compton’s main reason for providing AP and Honors Chemistry students with two Vernier GoDirect Melt Temp stations to safely observe the melting points of various substances. Prior to using this...
Getting their hands dirty at Ed White Middle School!
Ed White Middle School students are getting hands-on experience in the NEEF-funded garden beds. Their seventh-grade science teacher, Carmen Keane, points out that her students are planting seasonal flowers that day. Other times, garden vegetables are being grown along...
Driscoll Middle School – Large Print isn’t for Boomers
“Over the years, we have discovered that students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, issues with fluency, with decoding, have really benefitted from large print books. So, the grant that we wrote called for building a collection that catered to those needs...